So since I am doing my student teaching I knew that this day would happen sometime, i was kind of hoping I would have a few more weeks to get to know the students better, but I did ok.
My first night of parent conferences was slow, only a few students and their parents showed up, the second night was by far the best night. I had one mother come with her son, and he is one of those kids that likes to goof off in class and make funny nosies when it's not appropriate and I've been struggling with how to handle it. So I started off letting her know how he is doing with his work, which is fine just missing a few assignments then I slipped in there that he likes to make animal noises in the middle of class, when it's not appropriate. She said that he does it at home as well but she would talk to him. Then she turned to him and said "So next time you'll think before you moo!" Priceless. Best meeting of the night. My cooperative teacher and I were laughing for the rest of the night.
That's funny! Good job for talking to the mom about the problem!
ReplyDelete